Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Hello friends. Life is an amazing circle and we at times live it like a dog chasing it's tail. This last Sunday I asked a couple of brothers at church to pray for me and give me counsel. I have been somewhat chasing my tail trying to find out just what ministry God has for me.

Shortly after I gave my life to Christ I was attending Sunday morning bible class and one of the gentlemen their reminded us of a very important point. He said that when your boss wants you to do something he is not vague about it. He states what he wants done and gives you the particulars you need to get it done. If your earthly employer will do this, then why would we think that God would be vague or unresponsive with the task He has for us?

With all good intentions I have been searching for God's task for me when He may not have it ready or I may not be ready. The most important task, actually blessing, we have is to constantly be in contact and communion with God. If you know the bible you are familiar with the story of the sisters Mary and Martha. Martha was all busy getting things prepared for Jesus, while Mary was content to just sit at His feet and communion with Him. When Martha complained about Mary not helping, Jesus told her that Mary was doing what was good.

Granted that things need to be done, but they will be done in God's timing. Our greatest purpose is to daily draw closer to Him in prayer, meditation, and communion. When God is ready for us He will leave no doubt. So their counsel was to quit trying to out think God and just prepare for the day He calls by drawing closer everyday. When I shared with another dear brother in the Lord that I was so frustrated about apparently not hearing from God that I would at times yell up to Him; he said that maybe those were the times when God was trying to talk to me. His Word says," Be still and know that I am God."

Yours in Christ, Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment